Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

View Single Post
post #44 of (permalink) Old 23rd September 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
hi ya kafuk well at least its done now! was that £540 including the new loom? if it was then something dosent add up Ive just done a quick price up of what they should have done and going by dealer rates I make it a total of around the £840 mark! I'd be intriqued to know what they charged!
hhm never dealt with any clios with this type of fault dying out on a motorway at speed! REA or RUK not sure which they are coming under now as they keep changing there minds! are aware of the clio fault! but between them and the goverment they have a formula they use to work out a return rates and if it is an issue for doing a recall etc!
this is why RCS will occasionally give a good will contribution! Dont for a minute take what I'm saying as me backing up the burochrocy of Renault these are just some facts that I am aware of!
the other thing we have to remember is we are only 1 country that have Renault's other country's DO NOT have the same issues as we do! for this reason the Renault cotechs/ rte's are trained to a much higher standard than anywhere else in the world and see things no others see or can help with sraight away!
its not ruk that is the issue they are treated just like any other franchise the decisions etc are all from Renault France!
I would like to add a positive to this all though if I may! the new head of Renault Carlos has decided no vehicle shall leave the factory until it is right! which is why if you was to do a comparison check over the older ranges and the newer ranges how many have had to return to the dealerships with complaints I bet there is at lreast a 50% drop! the new Renault era is customer satisfaction 100% nothing else will do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Currently in bigshow's garage:
c class merc and 07 megane coupe cab 1.5dci dynanic
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome