Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Would you buy a Renault, after reading this???.. (The moaners thread)..

View Single Post
post #35 of (permalink) Old 2nd February 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I agree with badboy, if a car starts giving you problems you look for more. If a dealer gives bad service its not acceptable, and according to Renaults mission statement its not acceptable to them either. I can't help but wonder how many of the people on here that tell of bad service from dealers have tried to actually do something about it? The general feeling seems to be if a dealer gives poor service go somewhere else. I totally disagree, Renault has standards that must be met by every dealer, if you walk away from a dealer for whatever reason and don't contact Renault how are they supposed to know there's a problem? Is the dealer going to call them and say we've just lost a customer due to our incompetence, no they will file you under b1n and say phew got away with that one. A good friend of mine is a service manager at my local Renault dealer and i know he has been hauled over the coals when someone complained to renault about a techy screwing up a job.He has told me many times about having to work late making sure things were 100% before being sent to Renault as to quote him, 'they just wont accept it if its not done correctly.'
As for some of the service reception staff well yes we've all came across idiots, but these low end jobs pay is crap and as the saying goes you pay peanuts you get monkeys.However this is no excuse, if i receive a load of crap from someone who is talking drivel to cover up theirs or someone else's mistake i won't accept it, conversation is over let me speak to the service manager. If he comes out with more drivel (as they sometimes do) then simple, move up to the next level. Its my experience that if you demand to see a general manager (which is your right) and complain not only about the original problem but also the incompetence of the various staff he'll not be pleased and you'll get things sorted!
Don't let dealers away with bad service, either complain in-house to the general manager or go to Renault. If your initial complaint isn't successfull then put it in writing making clear you won't be fobbed off quietly, and demand satisfaction or you will go to press / consumer rights / court until satified.

The customer is always right............. usually.
Currently in bigdavy's garage:
2006 Scenic 2 1.6 VVti Auto Dynamique and a 1976 Jaguar XJ6.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome