Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio2 Cobra 8265 Alarm - fitting help needed.

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 23rd September 2007 Thread Starter
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Question Clio2 Cobra 8265 Alarm - fitting help needed.

Well I've done my searches ... no luck, and it does seem to be the month for alarm questions ... so all RTE's or alarm fitters or auto sparks ... here goes

I'm trying to fit a Renault branded Cobra 8265 alarm to a 2000 Clio2 RT with IR central locking.

Its the usual Renault 8265 kit with the big blue bridge connector that fits at the bonnet release handle.

The alarm is in and fitted and working EXCEPT .....

The instructions for connecting to the indicators state that the ORANGE wire from "C" on the UCH /Timer should be cut and the violet wire and the violet/white wire from the alarm loom should be connected to each end of the cut ORANGE wire the problem is ... THERE IS NO ORANGE WIRE ... infact there are no wires from "C" on the UCH /Timer

I have fitted a few of this type of alarm to Clio2s before and it has never been a problem ... but this one is ...

My question is since there is no orange wire ... which wire should I cut and connect the violet and violet/white to to enable the flashing of the indicators and where is it ?

Sorry for the ramble, but this is the only bit thats stopping a job well done.

Why is it the older I get .... the better I think I was ?
Currently in Truckbusuk's garage:
Clio2 1.4RT Phase1(VF1BB0S) + Volvo XC90 SE Lux D5 Geartronic

Last edited by Truckbusuk; 23rd September 2007 at 08:00 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by Truckbusuk
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
4Car - web site is no more ... General Chat Truckbusuk 0 1542 31st December 2009 08:59 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome