Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Radio cassette - CD Changer Problems

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 23rd September 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
Hi David - the headunit you have is a standard Philips 22DC461 - which is compatible with earlier, analogue type, Renault Alpine changers (or the Philips / VDO equivalents). I can't see it properly in the pictures, but the connection should be a 10 pin ISO socket, with 9 pins present, with the middle pin of one row missing.

Although I can only see 8 pins in the CD changer connection socket (there must be 9), the layout of them already says it's a later type Renault Alpine digital changer - suitable for "Tuner List" type headunits, but not the earlier 22DC461.
Overall, I'm afraid the 2 units are not compatible electronically (1 anaolgue and 1 digital), and cannot be used together, with or without an adapter. Sorry.
Hi Goldi could you give me some advice with a small problem I'm ahving with my audio.I have a an Espace 1.9dci 2004 mark IV.When I crank up the sound past 20 which is I guess around half way it starts to cut out and the more I crank it the more it cuts out till it sounds like a machine gun.I suspected it to be a speaker issue but I have faded and balanced individual speakers in an attempt to try and isolate the problem speaker.It seems to me that the amp must be at fault.

What do you think or suggest...

Thankyou in advance!
Currently in portovechios's garage:
Espace 1.9dCi Expression 2004/53
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome