Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace Mk3 2.2 dT (1998) immobiliser? probs

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 24th September 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi, as i understand it the Bii goes off line, its electronic brain
gets scrambled and everthing goes off because the Bii controls everthing electrical. By doing a soft boot it seems that you make a small demand on its capacity by turning on for instance the side lights.( they don't actually come on until the Bii is well again) This eventually wakes up the Bii and it restores the other electrical functions. If you then try to start the vehicle using a coded key the message goes to the Bii which asks the ecu if it is the right code, the handshake, the ecu replies and if the answers right then the ignition process is allowed to continue, if the ecu says no then the immobiliser cuts in. When i had similar problems with the pug 406 the electrics continued to work, they don't here, the engine would turn over but not fire. What i'm trying to do is locate the Bii, if there is one, and check its connections because as you say it seems that there is a loose connection/earth, please let it be. I don't know what the default reaction from a renault immobiliser should be whether it chops all the electrics or only prevents the pump from delivering fuel via the shut off solenoid it which case all the electrics should stay on and they ain't. regards
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome