Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Lights on dash

Thread: Lights on dash
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 24th September 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy Lights on dash

I have a 96 laguna and ever since buying it from a second had dealer back in may it's had a problem with running in the first 10 minutes of continuous driving. What happens is that when it's been left stationary overnight or all day at work the SERV light comes on,as does the /\/\/\/\ light (EML?).The car seems to struggle with my foot off the gas pedal and lurches forwards very hard once i reapply the gas.Also it'll lose all power of acceleration if it doesn't have enough revs whilst pulling away from junctions or traffic lights,it'll bunnyhop a bit then die.After restarting it sounds like the engine splutters a bit more and runs fine(the lights will stay on for a few more minutes)also i can smell an "eggy"smell after the car "dies". The car is VERY thirsty for fuel plus the airbag warniing light is always on.Haven't taken it for a fault test yet. Any suggestions as to what it can be? Also i'm a novice with cars even at my age...
Currently in stujim's garage:
1996 Laguna 2.0 RT
  5 Lastest Threads by stujim
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
yes yes i know! key fob recode Electronics stujim 2 1019 24th December 2007 06:12 PM
Lights on dash Electronics ottoman 1 850 24th September 2007 12:52 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome