Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Interiors - TomTom Go permanent install in Laguna II with 6 disc in-dash CD

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 3rd February 2006 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
I like the suction mount because it's completely 'stealth' when removed from the car (provided that you wipe the circle from the windscreen) but apart from that, it's a bit of a pain having to take it out and re-fit it each and every time you get in and out of the car. It appears that most crooks are on the look-out for the windscreen mount, and are even happy to steal just the mounts (probably to pair up with stolen GO's that they don't have the mounts for.)

So I'm happier with the dash mount - even if I can't hide it, it's going to take time to uninstall (unless they just cut the wires) and I think it's less of a blatant advert. I was originally hoping I could get the best of both worlds and fix some sort of bracket under the Carminat player flap, but I couldn't find a way of mounting even the smallest part of the bracket while still getting the flap to shut.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome