Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - I don't belieeeeve it

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 3rd February 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to bluemore Send a message via Skype™ to bluemore
I don't belieeeeve it

About 2 months ago I started to experience strong vibrations running through the car as if I had a window down at high speed and you get that buffeting effect. I took it to a couple of garages, they looked, saw nothing, took it for a test drive, confirmed the vibration but could not find anything. The eventual suggestion was to replace the drive shafts as that would fix it. Yeah I though (130 per side for the drive shaft) so I said I'll wait till it goes and then I know what it is. After about 3 months of living with this annoying vibration, there was an almighty bang. Well I though, I can find out what that was. When I got out of the car, the rear tyre had burst. Changed to the spare wheel then began driving. No more vibration! It turned out to be a blister on the rear drivers side wheel ! So much for main dealer expertise!
Currently in bluemore's garage:
lag sport tourer
  5 Lastest Threads by bluemore
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
interior lights stay on for ages! Interiors stevieswede 10 2903 29th September 2006 08:16 AM
Renault Laguna 2 - Estate Rear Wiper Cars & motoring Rog 2 3528 5th August 2006 04:46 PM
fuel filter location Engines bonedavid 6 2341 9th March 2006 07:38 PM
where's the fuse box? Electronics WebCode 4 1599 6th February 2006 07:35 AM
I don't belieeeeve it Cars & motoring 2 1010 3rd February 2006 09:56 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome