Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic 2 - Rear Brake Pad Replacement

View Single Post
post #103 of (permalink) Old 1st August 2015
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 27 Times in 25 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Thanked 1,796 Times in 1,375 Posts
Re: Renault Scenic 2 - Rear Brake Pad Replacement

Originally Posted by Davegayle View Post
Excellent thread lads, I notice changingman2001 was going to attempt this job on a grand scenic III but hasn't reported any success. I have a 2011 grand scenic III and am confident I can do the job as I've done the pads on my wife's 07 megane II tourer, but I'm seeing conflicting information on the internet saying on the mkIII the handbrake needs resetting using the renault clip equipment.
Has anyone on here done the rear pads on a mkIII grand scenic and can they report definitively if it is a diy job or do I have to take it to a renault dealer to have them done?
Thanks in advance.

Regards yamfan
Have a look under the back and you may be able to answer your own question.
If there is a single big black "box" handbrake motor and simple calipers with only the handbrake cables and fluid pipes going in, DIY job.
If the calipers have electrical lumps on them, they are the ones with onboard motors and need to be driven back electrically.
I'm not certain that a Can Clip is required for these though obviously one would do it. Other diagnostics may well work if they can talk to brake system.
Check around local brake people for advise though Renault dealers are sometimes quite competitive on standard service jobs.
Currently in Dancingdad's garage:
Qashqai 1.6 spark driven, Kia Sedona 2.9 TDI, Scenic II 15DCi 2004 (SORN) not quite RIP.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome