Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Reset electronic handbrake,LOOK HERE

View Single Post
post #110 of (permalink) Old 2nd August 2015
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 27 Times in 25 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Thanked 1,798 Times in 1,377 Posts
Re: Reset electronic handbrake,LOOK HERE

Originally Posted by Tookers View Post
I've had this problem twice where I can't pull away without manually releasing the handbrake by pulling the lever and pushing the button at the same time, when I put it in for an mot, it came back fixed, but I needed to re-enter my radio code, so I realised they've disconnected the battery to re-set the brake, so when my brakes started doing the lock all the time, I just took off the negative lead from the battery and it fixed it!
Remember to have your radio code though, hope this helps someone, as I hadn't seen this easy fix anywhere before.
Never heard of that either.
Usually when the parking brake fails to release automatically it is because one of the switches in the sequence isn't operating. Clutch switch often as it gets kicked on the pedal.
I assume you asked the MOT people to fix it prior to MOT as I've never heard of an MOT inspector disconnecting battery either.
Currently in Dancingdad's garage:
Qashqai 1.6 spark driven, Kia Sedona 2.9 TDI, Scenic II 15DCi 2004 (SORN) not quite RIP.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome