Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Asda getting tough on parking cheats

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 26th September 2007
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Hi as iam disabled it can be very annoying when trying to park in disabled place and there all full of so called disabled badge holders and even people parking in the place even though they do not have a badge to be honest i do not tend to use them all that much if there is a space where by i have to pass it on the way to get to the disabled bays i would park there,the way i look at it there are many other disabled people worse off then me that really do need the bay for reasons of getting the wheel chair out and setting it up,most people that use these places even me with only one leg using crutches could park that little bit further away and still be able to get about,the next time you are in a supermarket car park and you see a so called disabled person parking there have a look at them when they get into the store i can tell you some of them can fairly get about in there and lift bags etc with ease so why do they then need to use these spaces it is beyond me,so with regards to giving none badge holders a ticket go for it i say,where i feel it needs to be very stringent is when they are giving the badges out in my opinion there are to many people have these badges when infact they do not need then at all,cheers all the best Donald.
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome