Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - 2.0 IDE engine problems !

View Single Post
post #40 of (permalink) Old 28th September 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry I have been down this route and waisted good money be carfull

Originally Posted by XTRO View Post
I've just had my 107k Laguna IDE in the Renault Garage. The car has significant power loss, very noticable under load on Motorways, the tickover was occationally lumpy and random fuel injector warnings coming non. But otherwise runs nice and smooth.

I had the cam sensor replaced which seems to have resoved the fuel injection warning. However on further investigation the garage found low compression on cylinders 2 and 3. The mechanic claims this likelly due to carbon deposits on the values something they have seen before on another ide , and that a head stripdown investigation / rebuild is required. (not cheap!)

I'm reluctant to commit unless I know the cause, because it could be valves or pistons I guess. I did wonder if the timing being slightly out might also be a possibility (I've had a belt change in the last 8m)

I've considered doing an engine stripdown and getting the head reconditioned. But its really difficult to get a manual & service data for the the F5R IDE Engine type. Can anyone help with this ?
I was also going to try a decoking product (power boost) although I don't honestly hold out much hope for this, but worth 20 I suppose.

Hi make sure from a dealer you dont have worn bore valves first as I have been down this route and waisted loads of money, cleaned engine up and same problem nothing they can do suggested new engine so I am going to dump the car.
Currently in Summit's garage:
Laguna 2.0 ide sport hatch
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome