Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Main Dealer Servicing Query???

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 28th September 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Main Dealer Servicing Query???

I am the proud owner of a 2003 Clio Dynamique 1.5DCi 65hp. The car is due it's 2nd service by end of October. I called my local Renault dealer and was given a price of 293 inc VAT for the full service (diesel with A/C). However, I was previously informed of a Renault service at a cheaper cost using non renault parts. When I enquired about this I was told that I had it wrong, but, that they could offer me a budget service costing 193 inc VAT.

I asked what the difference(s) between the two services would be and was told there are only two...1) a cheaper oil will be used and 2) I would not get a full service stamp as with the standard 293 service.

The serviceman spent several minutes explaining that he personally would not put the cheaper oil in the engine if it was his own car and that the service stamp would make such a huge difference when the time comes to resell.

I could not believe the difference in cost for the sake of oil and a stamp. Obviously I would still get an official receipt with the cheaper service and would save 97 in the process too.

Has anyone out there had the cheaper service and/or give feedback therefore? Is the oil really that much better? Does it really matter that I may have a receipt for a budget Renault service and not an official Renault service stamp?

Should I take the cheaper service, drive the car home and then replace the oil with a better grade? LOL!

Any information/experiences regarding either the budget Renault service I have been offered or any other related service issues would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Currently in Scratch1964's garage:
Renault Clio Dynamique 1.5DCI 2003 (53)
  5 Lastest Threads by Scratch1964
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
How Does My MPG Compare?...71.8mpg! Cars & motoring davey 7 1332 28th September 2007 05:34 PM
Renault Main Dealer Servicing Query??? Cars & motoring billbo001 15 2800 28th September 2007 05:25 PM
2003 Clio Dynamique 1.5DCI Excess Emissions &... Engines scen1c 2 1922 25th October 2006 06:43 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome