Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II - Towbar Electrics

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 28th September 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna II - Towbar Electrics

Help! Have searched the forum and don't seem to be able to find an answer, so here goes....
I have a new Laguna 2 (October 2006) and am fitting my own towbar.
Mechanical bit from Witter, a dream, on in 30 minutes, using pre-prepared and pre-threaded holes - thank you Renault and Witter.
12N electrics from RDM/Towsure, so far so good, plug and socket connectors for the backs of the lights (sorry I don't like scotchlocks), multifunction relay to avoid overloading the car wiring, and even a reversing sensor cut off. as I say so far so good - thank you Renault and RDM/Towsure.
Now for the fun bit - the 12S electrics.
Does anyone know a route from the boot to the battery, without drilling holes, lacerating my arms, removing the engine, or retraining as a midwife?
Where does the engine compartment to cabin wiring pass through the bulkhead? Is it reachable?
Or is there a suitable live supply already in the boot?
My manual (if you can call it that) says nothing, but there is a fuse slot in the inside fusebox with a picture of a caravan, and marked at 30A. And there is a lonely red wire in the boot that goes nowhere, but becomes live on the insertion of the fuse. Indeed RDM/Towsure pointed me to this feed to power my 12N multifunction relay.
But is this also the undocumented 12S live feed?
Sorry for all the questions. Any help appreciated. And with your help it'll sure look better than a jump lead running over the roof of the car!
Currently in Steve'sTaxi's garage:
Laguna II Sport Tourer 2.0l Diesel
  5 Lastest Threads by Steve'sTaxi
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna II - Towbar Electrics Electronics TrainTrack 19 6704 28th September 2007 09:43 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome