Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 51 Laguna IDE Computer Problem??

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 29th September 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I changed the fuel pressure/regulator , the device does both jobs. If you remove the engine cover you can see it sits on the end of the fuel injection rail next to the oil filler cap. It has 2 very small allen cap head screws to secure it. The sensor next to it is the pressure sensor (yes there are 2). To check if its this sensor , have the car sitting in the driveway with the bonnet closed but the engine cover removed. Wait for the "fuel injection fault " message and then try to rev the engine, you will probably then get the ESP fault followed by a red fuel injection fault and the car will automatically stop. Restart the car and again within a few minutes you should get the same sequence of events. This time after the car has stopped , or you have stopped it, try wrapping a damp cloth around the sensor for a about 30-45 seconds , then remove the cloth and restart the engine ,the sensor body should now feel cooler to touch. If you do not get the fuel injection fault straight away then its this sensor you need to replace. They cost about 160 pounds but you can fit them yourself. Unfortunately I think these devices are just badly located and so they overheat and play up. Since fitting the new sensor no re occurence of the problem.
Currently in mushroom's garage:
Renault Laguna 2.0 IDE MY 2002
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome