Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - New Computerised MOT's

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 4th February 2006 Thread Starter
chris m
Let's be carefull out there
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Send a message via MSN to chris m
Exclamation New Computerised MOT's

I have just taken the car for it's MOT, failed on a couple of smallish things that I can sort myself, however, a word of caution. The examiner now has to enter findings into a computer that is linked to a VOSA database. The idea is to stop people driving without MOT's, a similar system is in place for road tax and insurance. I am personaly not against such an idea, although it is a bit "Big Brother". My problem is that it took me several hours of waiting for the paperwork before I could start to carry out any rectificatin works. This is worth keeping in mind next time your MOT is due as some stations have reported a problem with connecting to the database or a problem with their own terminal which can delay the process considerably.
It should, in theory, be possible to query your cars details on the following site and find out the relevant information. In practice I spent all morning trying to and kept getting an error message saying to try later.
Currently in chris m's garage:
2000 Scenic 2.0 16v Monaco, BMW 3 Series, Pug 206
  5 Lastest Threads by chris m
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
2.0L Scenic Starter motor keeps going **Fixed** Electronics lancs dave 78 1444 15th May 2016 07:46 PM
Scenic I Dash illumination issue Electronics chris m 3 1852 18th January 2011 09:26 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome