Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio - Loose Connection Causing Starting Problem*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 1st October 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Clio - Loose Connection Causing Starting Problem*FIXED*

I got my lambda sensor replaced in my 52 plate clio about 3 months ago and when the dealer dropped the car back to me (it was still under warranty) the first time i went to start my car after it wouldn't turn over at all i just got my ignition lights on. They came round straight away and looked under the bonnet they discovered the renault mechanics had knocked some wire loose and the chap from the dealers just pushe the wire and from then on it seemed fine for about a month then the starting prob happened again but because i had seen what the other chap had done i did this and it was fine. But this happens alot now every now and again i have to push this wire in to get the car started. Also another prob i have had a few times now over the last month or so is that when i go to start the car the ignition turns over but doesnt seem to fire and i have to turn the key over a few times before it starts. A bit long winded i am sorry but was wondering if anyone thinks the two probs are linked and how much i am looking at to get it fixed as warranty is up now and strangly enough ran out just before the probs started again.
Currently in suzybabe's garage:
52 plate renault clio expression
  5 Lastest Threads by suzybabe
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
electric adjustable wing mirror probs Bodywork ns.thomson 2 957 18th October 2007 02:53 PM
Pictures of clio engine ? Engines Truckbusuk 2 1751 2nd October 2007 09:57 AM
Renault Clio - Loose Connection Causing Starting... Clio vel satis 1 4 3058 1st October 2007 04:14 PM
fitting alloys what type Wheels & tyres ottoman 5 1325 17th July 2007 09:38 AM
useless Engines chris m 7 1215 15th July 2007 08:59 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome