Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane - Radio And Time Display Bulb Replacement

View Single Post
post #40 of (permalink) Old 18th August 2015
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Smile Re: Renault Megane - Radio And Time Display Bulb Replacement

I am in agreement with the other posters but do consider the scrap yard option. I recently purchased a Renault Megane Cabriolet 1998. The previous owner had cannibalised the stereo wiring loom to fit an awful after market stereo. The wiring loom is connected via the LCD display and joins both the stereo and the steering wheel remote with two connectors (1 red, 1 white sometimes blue). The top part of the dash is easy to remove. Pop the speaker covers and undo the two hex screws. Lift the top cover off the dash board to reveal the LCD display. I believe there are three retaining screws that need to be undone to remove the LCD display. In the first instance check the bulbs, but if the unit is fluctuating in brighteness it may be worth replacing the unit. I believe there were two variants of the dashboard display although they are both interchangeable. The original one in mine had two independent units for the clock and the radio display. I removed mine from a later Megane Classic 03 which has the newer single unit. Go to your local scrappy and tell them what you want. With luck they will let you into their yard to take out the units. Pick what looks like the best. You will probably find the units are identical across the Megane, Scenic & Clio range around the year of your vehicle. To take the best looking unit you can find and remove some spare bulbs whilst at the scrapyard. I paid 5 for my display but expect to pay upto 20.
Currently in ltmortimer's garage:
Renault Megane Cabriolet MK1 2.0 16v 1998
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome