Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - SCENIC 2 PROBLEMS - please help !!!

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 1st October 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
SCENIC 2 PROBLEMS - please help !!!

HI guys,

I have SCENIC II 1.6 16V, 10/2003. It wouldn't start. I've checked the voltage at the battery and it was dead. However i've replaced the battery and it starts running again.

I've discovered that a radiator fan won't shut off, even when ignition is turned off !!! I assume this is why the battery drained over night.
On the other side I have run the car for about an hour and the fan still runs after switching off.
When I turn on and turn off the rad fan switches off. The strange thing is that a fan receives some impulses during the night, turns on and won't shut off!

What would be the most likely source of the problem? Please HELP !!!

The second problem that I have is in driving regime. When I press clutch sometimes the rpm drops below 800rpm and it turns off. When it turns off, i can immediately ignitiate again. I've changed the air filter, cleaned the stepper motor and air flow sensor. After cleaning it's not so frequent but it still happens. Please advice me what to do?

Thanks in advance,

Currently in MpegTv's garage:
Scenic II 1.6 16V 2003
  5 Lastest Threads by MpegTv
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
SCENIC 2 PROBLEMS - please help !!! Electronics MpegTv 2 945 1st October 2007 10:25 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome