Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio mk2 brakes

Thread: Clio mk2 brakes
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 18th August 2015 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Clio mk2 brakes

Originally Posted by Dancingdad View Post
Be wary of bleed nipples that get that tight.
If they break they can be a pain to get the remainder out.
And a stripped thread is curtains for the caliper.

Plenty of penetrating fluid and time for it to soak in.
Try an undersized socket if they are rounded...tap on, try to avoid grips as they can offload and snap the things.
Imperial (AF &whit) V metric sockets often come up a sorta half size down.
And full hex sockets rather then bi-hex (12 point) give a better grip.
Once they are loose, toddle along to motor factors and get a replacement. Check thread is correct before fitting.

How hard would it be to replace the callipers from another clio without getting air in the system? Reason I ask is my friend has done pads/discs/bearings/springs/drop links etc on his clio. They've done a few hundred miles & been parked up since he got a new car due to gearbox trouble on his clio. He's offered me it at what he's been offered for scrap value & I thought why not just change everything he's put on his clio over to mine inc callipers & then bleed the brakes. I could then scrap the car I've taken off him & essentially get my money back with the added bonus of all newish parts on my car. Hopefully meaning I've no more problems with brakes/suspension. Also he has a sport half leather interior which I could swap out as well which is another bonus.
Currently in Dsmc88's garage:
Clio Mk2 Ph2 1.2 16v 5door
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome