Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio mk2 brakes

Thread: Clio mk2 brakes
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 18th August 2015 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Clio mk2 brakes

Originally Posted by Dancingdad View Post
Seems like a plan.
You can't swap calipers over without getting air into the system or losing a little fluid.
That is why the bleed nipples are there.

I'd empty his out by pushing back pistons before fitting on your car, then let fluid drain through, topping up reservoir as needed before final bleeding.
Check his nipples are okay before committing or no advantage to you.
And make sure sizes are the same, calipers, discs etc.
Swap his discs as well if better then yours
Yeah my mate said that about the air getting in. I'll have a look at his callipers & check if the bleed nipples are better condition, if not I'll need to buy new ones or get a garage to try bleeding them for me. Everything he's fitted has done a few hundred miles so basically new. My pads/discs are needing changed anyway so I can give my other mate my ones as his are needing doing soon. Saves me doing a bit more work with suspension later on if I where to swap it all over. I'll just do that & get rid of the spare car & anything I'm not needing at the scrappy. All it should cost me is my time by changing it over, a little more time than just doing the brakes but at least I'll know that's all sorted for a while. Just need to get it bled & that rear suspension bolt removed & replace it.
Currently in Dsmc88's garage:
Clio Mk2 Ph2 1.2 16v 5door
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome