Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Buyer's Guides - Oil specification by Elf.

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 4th February 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
I agree entirely with the above. I have always done all servicing on my vehicles over the last 48 years, the 18000 miles interval for Renaults is ludicrous. now I am retired I do under 8000 miles a year and service my car every year, oil change and all other checks using high quality synthetic oil always 10w-40 castrol. Renault only reccomend Elf because they are French.

One thing I always do is to drain the engine oil first, I let it drip for the next hour or two while I do the rest of the service, most garages let it drip for about 3 minutes! so you only get a partial oil change.

Quite a few years ago my son had the oil changed on his porcshe 944 by a garage, a couple of days later he said his engine was a lot noisier, I simply changed the oil for a quality one and the engine was a lot quieter!
Currently in davesss's garage:
2002 Laguna Sports Tourer 1.8 Dynamique Moondust VF1KGOB, Fiat Siecento Micheal Schumaker, Kawasaki KLE M/Cycle and a cheap Mountain Bike.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome