Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - 2.0 IDE engine problems !

View Single Post
post #47 of (permalink) Old 2nd October 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by FunkyMonkey View Post
Another thing, reading the thread here, changing the fuel sensor has not fixed the problem for other people. For Ashes told me what often happens is that you need to open the engien and clean it up and investigate, i.e. you may as well get a new engine. In other words, if it was just the fuel sensor, they'd ahve told me. Well, I woudl have hoped so. By the way, they recommended I just live with it. I will try the injector cleaner fluid and super unleaded as that seemse to have improved the situation. As long as I get to where I was a few months ago, i.e. noticable lumpy idle, but not shaking me and my car so much as to make my exhaust rattle, then I will ne happy.
Hi not sure if this helps, but have had very simular experience, lumpy idle for a while when renault said new engine as diagnosed with oval bores. so carried on driving it and with one long jurney it went the same as yours allot worse with pollution worning sensor coming on as well in traffic. got back to dealer to check and psi in cylinder 2 had dropped to only 100 psi rather than the already low 190psi strange i thought. they would only repeat previous diagnoses but my gut reaction is this is not oval bores and probably something else but spent soooo much on it so far will be selling it.
Currently in Summit's garage:
Laguna 2.0 ide sport hatch
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome