Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - 2.0 IDE engine problems !

View Single Post
post #48 of (permalink) Old 2nd October 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by FunkyMonkey View Post
Thanks, Ian. To be honest, I don't know much about engines, etc, but your logic seems credible. Especially, as you say, my problem came on relatively suddenly, and I do listen to my radio with engine off at lunchtimes, and I'm pretty sure the (5.5 year old) car is on original battery.

Just this morning I put in a tank of BP Super Unleaded, and topped it up with STP injector cleaner fluid. Will give it a week and if no better, the battery will be next, ready for winter.

Thanks for the tip. Watch this space!

P.S. Shout out to the boys in red for tonight...
Hope the cleaner helps. I really mentioned the battery as a reason for a slightly lump idle like mine. In your case it sounds like a real fault.

If the cleaner doen't help I suggest you get a compression test done just to confirm the basic health of the engine. It is quite possible that you have some valve damage.

If the compression is OK then it's worth looking at the other causes.

Currently in Eeeps's garage:
2011 Clio III dCi 88 Dynamique and 2016 CitroŽn Grand C4 Picasso Exclusive+ EAT6 2.0 BlueHDi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome