Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - front brake caliper removal 93 trafic

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 22nd August 2015
Renoir White
Platinum Member located in the UK
Technical Supremo
Nominated 9 Times in 16 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 32
Thanked 1,442 Times in 1,199 Posts
Re: front brake caliper removal 93 trafic

Originally Posted by Hymer classic View Post
I have a 93 Renault traffic with a hymer motorhome right Help very much appreciated.
Originally Posted by Hymer classic View Post
None the less, my question remains and I would be very grateful if someone could answer it for me.

I have in the past carried out repairs on a number of vehicles but I will confess that I have always done so with a workshop manual to hand - if only for the torque settings.

In this instance it appears that there has never been a workshop manual produced for the MK1 Renault Trafic or if there has, myself and a great number of trafic owners have failed to find one.

Removal of the caliper on the MK1 is far from obvious- at least to met it is.
To be fair your opening post was rather abrupt and not clear on what advice you was asking.

The only paper manual for the Trafic is published by Peter Russek and available from all major book retailers. It only covers servicing and major components in basic terms but its better than nothing.

The Mk1 Trafic calipers are easy to remove ... have a read a few pages back on my Thread (with pics) ... I did this job myself. If as you say you are familiar doing this job on other vehicles then the Trafic will hold no surprises .... basic know-how is all thats required - no manual necessary

RWs Trafic T1100 Camper making it a bit better

Don't take without giving in return
Currently in Renoir White's garage:
Renault Trafic 1.7 Petrol Vauxhall Astra 1.4i & in bits Triumph Bonneville T140E & H-D XLH1200
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome