Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Vel Satis - Clearing fault codes

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 3rd October 2007 Thread Starter
Rev Fred
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Vel Satis - Clearing fault codes

The engine fault light came on in my Vel Satis months ago, and at the time I took the car to a local main Renault dealer.

For the princely sum of 130 they used their diagnositc computer to tell me the second Lamda sensor was broken, and needed replacing. For a further 250 they would do it.

Now, call me an ungrateful sod if you like, but 130 for 5 mins work on a PC, and 250 to replace a small unit costing about 100 - COME ON!!!

Anyway, I told them to stuff it. The car passed its MOT as it was. Recently I had the car serviced etc at a trusted local independent dealer, and he quoted me 150 to replace the second Lamda sensor. Great I thought. However, he does not have the software to clear the fault codes and turn off the dashboard light once the job is done.

So, I call the local main dealer again, and they quote me 85 to clear the fault codes. You have to be kidding!

So, my question is, does anyone know anyone who might be able to perform the simple task of clearing some fault codes on a Vel Satis for anything less than 85?
Currently in Rev Fred's garage:
2002 Vel Satis 2.0
  5 Lastest Threads by Rev Fred
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Vel Satis - Clearing fault codes Electronics V Satis 4 3278 3rd October 2007 08:22 PM
Vel Satis Pioneer ICE Electronics 1 1676 10th October 2006 03:00 PM
Vel Satis ICE Electronics Rev Fred 2 1392 30th September 2006 05:21 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome