Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane - Rear Door Not Opening

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 3rd October 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Me ganeRear Door locked

I had a problem on my 02 Megane with the rear door being closed and neither inside or outside catch able to open the door.
To get the door card panel off I undid the two screws under the pocket and the one in the armrest pull. Finally the one on the inside catch, then disconnected the cable from the catch. The window winder handle simply pulls off with a bit of levering. Prising then pulling from the bottom the door trim comes off (held by studs and mastic). Takes a fair pull but comes off and unhooks at the top.
The small rod connecting the outside handle to the lock was disconnected (broken plastic bit) but I was able to operate the catch by pushing the lock lever down and the door opened. After removing the three screws the lock unit can be wiggled out.
I realised afterwards that had the child lock been off the lock would have opened from the inside and I could probably have used some bendy plastic slid into the door gap to push off the child lock then open the door without taking the door panel off.
I may have the patience to try and fix what looks like a broken spring and broken plastic clip but for now I have left it opening from the inside only.
I found this forum helpful so hope this helps someone else.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome