Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Battery Draining

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 3rd October 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Scenic - Battery Draining

Hi all

I have a Renault Scenic 04 Reg 1.6 16valve - 2 weeks ago I had a new battery installed and last week it died on me again - Its been in my local garage and they told me today that the problem is ...."All the time your car is unlocked and NOT running, the battery is draining and its draining fast"

So ive been told that basically if I sit in my car (with the doors unlocked) even with nothing happening - no radio on - no air conditions running - not even the engine on, just the doors being unlocked alone is enough to start draining the battery and if I sit there for say...over and hour the battery will die !!

This apparently is a common problem with the Scenic's that have Card keys ..Has anyone out there ever heard of this happening before ?? im just not convinced that the battery should drain just becasue the car in unlocked ???? please anyone !????????
  5 Lastest Threads by jodie2469
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Scenic - Battery Draining Electronics NicWood 15 5928 3rd October 2007 09:37 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome