Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 'Check Parking brake' - error interpretation using DDT2000

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 24th August 2015
Diamond member
Nominated 5 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Re: 'Check Parking brake' - error interpretation using DDT2000

Originally Posted by HankMcSpank View Post
So last year, my Grand Scenic (2006) failed its MOT with a 'check parking brake' warning on the dashboard...the garage charged me 25+VAT to clear the came back within 2 miles! (I didn't go back to the garage cos their hourly rate make my eyes pop out).

So I've put up with this dashboard warning message for the best part of a next MOT is due, so towards addressing the problem (problem = getting the car through its MOT) I went & ordered a 4 VAG cable off Ebay (, loaded DDT2000 software on my laptop & cleared the dashboard error down ...wrt the error, the DDT software said something along the lines of 'no error code' in database...but the software did trap there was an error - so my question is there another database I'm meant to load to interpret the error I was seeing (I've cleared the error now, but it'll likely come back!)

(my parking brake doesn't auto release - this is random, sometime it does - I'm figuring it's this problem that the original dashboard error relates to - rhe manual parking brake release lever works fine....but I was hoping for more clues as to why it's not auto releasing)
What was the code given? Its possible to lookup the meanings of a code from other sources.
Currently in SimonC1's garage:
2005 Laguna 2 (Phase 2) V6 Initiale, 2007 Civic 2.2CTDi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome