Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - DDT2000 detecting park sensors and VIN but not finding Electronic Parking Brake

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 25th August 2015 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: DDT2000 detecting park sensors and VIN but not finding Electronic Parking Brake

Originally Posted by Dancingdad View Post
Does the X64 module allow access to parking brake information ??
And if so, allow you to do anything with it?
When using the the X64 vehicle (Megane_scenic) if you select the APB item in the vehicle list and select with the binoculars the software displays briefly that its trying to connect with it using various protocols (Fastinit and kwp are 2 I think from memory) then it fails to connect whereas if you select the parking sonar it tries to connect and does successfully and its version number etc is displayed also you can check it for faults and retrieve vin and serial numbers etc.

When I select the X84 vehicle I can see the list of potential ECUs and when I expand the APB one I see a yellow diamond beside the FPA_J84_B73_J81_V1.06, if I double click on this its loaded to the RHS window and when I click on the Select binoculars the software tries but fails to connect to it.

Are you running DDT2000 on a Windows XP machine with IE6?
I'm running on XP with IE8

One can search for all software, rather than being Specific.
Maybe your version of DDT is older than your car, the EPB's changed a few times over the years.
Later models use CanBus IIRC.
DDT2000 MUST have I.E 9 or less to work, I have it on Firefox under an I.E Tab running on Win7, got it on Win 10 / Firefox but never actually used it on the car.
I wondered if the database was older than the car so I got versions and and tried them but neither open on my laptop, I open the main page and select a vehicle but no vehicle is loaded in the LHS column and I get an XML error stating could not locate the specified resource.
I did find that on my working version you can select other databases (custom or official) by selecting the small buttons above the area where the vehicle name and list of ECUs is loaded.
So using that I selected both the databases for versions and and entered the ECUS folder where all the ECUS are lumped together and tried all the ones that had APB at the start of their titles. Some are yellow and some are green, I think it's only the yellow one's I can connect to with my 409.1KKL cable, is that correct?

Keycard IN, (even if proximity type).
Press Brake, IN GEAR, Start Button, If steering lock releases & you can manually release EPB, the you've cracked it. Car needs to think engine is running to allow EPB to work.
Thanks I'll try and see if I can operate the brake while I'm connected.
Currently in Holdover's garage:
2008 Scenic 2 1.9 Dci, 1999 Audi A4 B5 1.9Tdi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome