Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Digital Dash Problems

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 4th October 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Post dash lights - just repaired mine

Hi caiblue,

I have had the same prob for ages, the lamps on the radio half on the dash stopped working and changing bulbs failed too, I traced the track on the part of the dash from the non working bulbs, the bottom track, back to the plug, you have to remove the top cover of the dash panel (4x torx screws, the next size down from the rest of the dashboard screws) the two tracks to both of the bulb connections run parallel, get a piece of wire about 18" long and bare a little piece on each end and connect one end to the bottom of the track where the bulb touches the copper and the other to the pin on the plug where the track ends, this should be one of the two end pins, you will need to access this from the underside of the circuit board. if this works, you will need to solder the wire to the pin and it is possible to solder the other end straight to the track on the opposite side to where the bulb makes contact, but obviously still the same track. you can do this to any of the three bulbs that are not working, it took me about 45mins from start to tidying up again. just use bits of electrical tape to hold the wire in place once soldered in. Hope this helps.

Currently in molegrips's garage:
05 (mk iv) 2.2 diesel espace privilege
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome