Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Help! Passenger airbag switch

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 5th October 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Help! Passenger airbag switch

Hi all,

I have a V reg renault clio 1.6 rxe automatic, my partner is now quite heavily pregnant and one thing we wish to do is fit a passenger airbag cut off switch so we can fit a rear facing childseat. At present there is no switch on the car.

I have spoken to the local garage and they can cut off the connection permanently but this will cause the airbacg indicator and service light to stay on permanetly. As you can guess this does not seem like the best solution.

Does anyone know of a solution to this or know of anywhere I can purchase an actual switch for a garage to fit? I have spoken to the Renault dealer with no solutions from them.

Any help would be useful as my partner is now starting to panic that she will not be able to fit a seat when she is on her own in the car and wanting the secturity of seeing the little one.....

Many thanks

Currently in Indigophil's garage:
Renault clio 1.6 Auto Vreg
  5 Lastest Threads by Indigophil
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Help! Passenger airbag switch Cars & motoring madnoel10 1 1183 5th October 2007 09:22 AM
1999 Clio 1.6 Auto - Stalling/no start- Pregnant... Engines chris m 4 2362 19th July 2007 11:46 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome