Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio2 Cobra 8265 Alarm - fitting help needed.

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 5th October 2007 Thread Starter
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
The Answer ...... at last.

1/ RCS never tracked down the Cobra expert
2/ Local dealer ..... less than helpful
3/ Cobra UK ... tried very hard, but couldnt help ... (Renault OEM unit not supplied for sale in the UK by Cobra.)
4/ Renault dealer I have used in the past (main dealer in Perth) let me speak to the "guy who had been on the alarm course"

and the answer ....

The Cobra 8265 alarm I was trying to fit was for the RF key'd version of the Clio2 and not the IR version.

The alarm units and parts are identical, but the fitting instructions are slightly different, and the part numbers are slightly different .... 777 for the IR version and 778 for the RF one. This cobra 8265 alarm unit is also suitable for the Megane, Megane Scenic, R19, R21, Espace 1/2/3, Safrane, Laguna1, Clio and Clio2 all phases ... just slightly differing fitting instructions.

Check the Cobra Security French site .... they support the Renault OEM kit ... thanks to Cobra UK for this ...

::: Cobra france ::: protégez ce que vous avez de plus cher :::

all PDF's are in multi languages inc english.

The solution, in the IR version no connection is made to the orange wire from the UCH , the violet wire is not used, it should be terminated and coil it up safely.
The violet/white wire should be connected to the violet/white wire on the indicator stalk control.

Hey presto everything works as it should .... I've done several of these before and everything looked the same but never realised that the wiring instructions were different between the IR and RF versions ... I must have only done RF versions before .

Long haul but all is well ....

Hope this helps someone

Why is it the older I get .... the better I think I was ?
Currently in Truckbusuk's garage:
Clio2 1.4RT Phase1(VF1BB0S) + Volvo XC90 SE Lux D5 Geartronic

Last edited by Truckbusuk; 5th October 2007 at 02:53 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome