Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio - Loose Connection Causing Starting Problem*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 5th October 2007
vel satis 1
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by suzybabe View Post
I got my lambda sensor replaced in my 52 plate clio about 3 months ago and when the dealer dropped the car back to me (it was still under warranty) the first time i went to start my car after it wouldn't turn over at all i just got my ignition lights on. They came round straight away and looked under the bonnet they discovered the renault mechanics had knocked some wire loose and the chap from the dealers just pushe the wire and from then on it seemed fine for about a month then the starting prob happened again but because i had seen what the other chap had done i did this and it was fine. But this happens alot now every now and again i have to push this wire in to get the car started. Also another prob i have had a few times now over the last month or so is that when i go to start the car the ignition turns over but doesnt seem to fire and i have to turn the key over a few times before it starts. A bit long winded i am sorry but was wondering if anyone thinks the two probs are linked and how much i am looking at to get it fixed as warranty is up now and strangly enough ran out just before the probs started again.
Hi as you had the problem when it was under the warranty it should be classed as a on going problem and renault should fix it for free tell them about the connector which keeps coming apart and see which way they jump at worst they can say is know but you could come back with the reply the repair was not too your satisfaction as a technician had to come to your home after the repair had been fixed Gareth.
Currently in vel satis 1's garage:
2003 renault vel satis v6 24 valve 3.5 petrol engine model Initiale BJOV
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome