Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - What I hate about driving...

View Single Post
post #79 of (permalink) Old 6th February 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by OG
I hear what you're saying about the driver training but I do believe that it doesn't go far enough. Everybody should have to undergo driving tuition on Motorways for example, it is crazy that people pass their test and can then drive on a motorway without training. OK, they'll have read the Highway Code (or not) but it just isn't enough.

Anyway, I don't agree Nick, and my post was much better than yours

It depends where one lives, our local instructors make use of the A14.

The whole point of passing the test is to achieve a basic standard that can be built on, not to express your social beliefs on....

I'm no saint when it comes to driving, I am guilty as the next person when it comes to speeding etc, but you have to carry out constant risk assessments when behind the wheel, ie never speed in towns or villages, the risks are so much greater than on a dual carriageway etc

Personally, I believe that when someone has got 15,000 miles under their belt they should enrol at RoSPA for advanced training, it costs a nominal sum for membership and all your training is 'free' (or being 'observed' as they call it).

Anyway, who said your post is better than mine? You, I suppose!

Currently in Nick's garage:
Jeep Wrangler Sport 2.5
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome