Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio II - Bodywork - Sunroof seal

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 5th October 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi happy camper. It was fairly easy. I took out the glass and the headlining finishing trim. Once they are removed you can see the bolts just inside the headlining, using a 10mm open ended spanner you can remove them all. It's a bit fiddley and it takes a while but they should come out. Once they are removed the frame can be lifted from the roof but the drain pipes have to be removed. It is easier if you have two people to remove the pipes so that one can hold the frame whislt the other removes the pipe and if you're careful with them they shouldn't drop down out of reach. Once the frame is out you should see a foam seal (which was perrished on the corners on mine) running around the underneath. Remove the foam and any residue from the frame and the roof so they you can get a good seal when you re-fit it. Using some exterior grade silicon sealant run a good bead around the frame where the foam seal was. The fun part is getting the drain pipes back on without getting sealant all over yourself and the car. The pipes do go back on but it is a bit awkward, once they are on line the frame up and push it down to seal it against the roof. I tightened the bolts up pretty tight and I have found that the frame is closer to the roof than it was before which I think will help the seal. It is just a case of putting the finishing strip and glass back in and that's it. It is best to do it when it is supposed to be dry for a couple of days because the silicone takes 24 hours to cure. Hope this helps.
Currently in snake78's garage:
2003 Renault Clio II 1.5dCi 65 Billabong
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome