Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - RXE Alarm problems

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 5th October 2007
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
OK Zeldazog, here we go ... this is for the Renault Cobra factory fitted or accessory fitted alarm systems ... (I dont know the outcome if tried with the earlier Philips or later Sigma alarm systems)

1/ Disconnect the battery wait 120 seconds
2/ Reconnect the battery and the following must be done within 20 seconds of reconnecting the battery (you need 2 people for this and make sure the sidelights are on when you reconnect the battery in-case of spikes.)

a/ switch the ignition on and off 3 times within 7 seconds
b/ switch the ignition on again .... wait for the alarm LED to flash 3 times
c/ switch the ignition off

3/ You should now get two sets of 3 flashes from the LED, this confirms that the system has been initialised/reset.

The car should now arm and disarm with the PLIP key or emergency key if fitted (not all models with factory alarms have this option) or indeed the central locking button on the floor console, the indicators will flash twice to confirm arming and once to confirm disarming.

Please be aware that you try this reset sequence at your own risk.

I've used this method before when my battery failed and the alarm wouldnt behave properly after fitting a new battery, it worked exactly as described.

My IR plip keys worked before and after the battery failure but they can often require to be resync'd in these cases (see other threads) ... the keys may need dismantled and cleaned, esp the contacts for the button (under the circuit board ... carefully rotate the board until vertical then gently pull back to release from the "o" ring that holds the IR transmitter) and the batteries ... check how bright and long lasting the red LED on the key top is ... its an indicator that the key is transmitting properly.

hope some of this helps

Why is it the older I get .... the better I think I was ?
Currently in Truckbusuk's garage:
Clio2 1.4RT Phase1(VF1BB0S) + Volvo XC90 SE Lux D5 Geartronic
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome