Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2003 - Engines - Loss of power and Warning Light

View Single Post
post #48 of (permalink) Old 6th October 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Well it seems I have the same problem here, this is a 2002 Clio 1.2 16V Dynamique.

Last week on a 100 mile trip, the final 10 miles were very slow due to traffic - the electrical fault light came on, revs limited to 3000rpm and cutting out. Managed to get to a car park where the car was left for a week whilst off on holiday.

Came back yesterday, car started no problem and had an uneventful 100 mile trip home.

This morning on starting, the fault light was on, very erratic revs and cutting out. This happened 3 times.

I've taken the plugs out of the ECU & re-seated them, the same with the coil plug. I noticed most of the wires are very tight - but none seem chaffed.

It now starts and runs fine, but of course it did that yesterday as well!! I notice on here there is mention of a "black box" that wears through the wires - I cannot find this box! The cables to the ECU (bolted to the back of the engine), enter from the top & I cannot see any "cage" as described here. Would I have this box on this model?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome