Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - New Computerised MOT's

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 6th February 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by lagdti
I am an MOT inspector and the garage that I work at has been 'on-line' for a couple of months.We haven't had any problem with the system (YET!),but even if we did there are emergency back-up systems that are employed,so I can't see why you had to wait for your paperwork.The system,on the whole,is excellent and if used correctly will be of benefit to both MOT test stations and motorists,although a few teething problems are only to be expected.
P.S I would welcome any MOT related questions from memebers,as there are so many myths reguarding the test that are complete twaddle!

I have a quick question regarding the windscreen and MOT's. On the passenger side I have 3 marks caused by a flying stone. Auto Windsreens have said it can't be mended as it has not caused a "hole" for them to inject the "repair stuff" and they did not think it would be a MOT failure. The marks, 3 of them" are in the eye line of the passenger and well inside the wiper sweep. MOT failure or not.

Currently in sturgi's garage:
Honda Accord 2.0 Exec (5 speed auto)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome