Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - IAM - Institute of Advanced Motorists

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 6th October 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I did mine through RoSPA ADA 14 years ago in Bury St Edmunds.
Its the system the police use. In fact, it was the local traffic unit that set the club up until enough people had come through the system to 'observe' other drivers undergoing their training.
I found it really interesting and very worthwhile, the system is supposed to pay for itself by reducing stress, wear and tear on the car.
We had some IAM members join us and they found that RoSPA was a little more intense and on a higher level.
I think it should be a requirement for all drivers to expand their basic training a couple of years after passing their first driving test and subsequently be retested at regular intervals. Especially so in later years.
Like previous posters in this thread, I tried to get cheaper insurance but found all those companies offering a reduced premium were significantly more expensive than those not offering, Shame, really (no carrot v stick syndrome)!
I'd recommend RoSPA to anyone wishing to sharpen up their driving skills.

A good thread, VelSat............

Political correctness defined:
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end
Currently in Nick's garage:
Jeep Wrangler Sport 2.5

Last edited by Nick; 6th October 2007 at 05:53 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome