Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - lost/stolen key

Thread: lost/stolen key
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 6th October 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
lost/stolen key

Hi all, tragedy happened on my driveway
Keys on roof while fixing child in car seat,
Partner jumps in drivers seat with her key.
We all drive away leaving my keys on driveway.

Return to look for them and they have been taken.

Also key to partners Fiesta on there as well as house keys.

House not a problem, already changed all the locks myself.

Phoned main dealer about the Scenic and he said you can not change the locks! What!

Help needed here please, also what's cost if i can get them changed, not covered by insurance, fully comp but they said they'll only give 100 towards it as goodwill.

It's an 02 Scenic with central door locking and remote fob. nothing more fancy all basic spec with immobiliser.

Insurance mob said to park away from house and I've bought a stop lock for the steering wheel, they still say I'm covered as I'm taking precautions until the locks have been sorted.

Partners insurance wanted to take her car into storage immediately and get the locks done ASAP. Said no and will do the same as mine. Skint now so major problem that we could really do without. Any advice?
Currently in pyrogenius's garage:
61 Grand Scenic 1.5
  5 Lastest Threads by pyrogenius
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
No Maps Found error fix for Carimat Tom Tom Electronics Mason13 2 4731 19th August 2014 09:55 PM
Advice for replacing family car Cars & motoring VelSatisfied 10 2546 5th July 2010 08:11 PM
lost/stolen key Cars & motoring ottoman 5 1458 6th October 2007 05:53 PM
Reccomend a lighter socket connector? Electronics drben 4 1416 9th July 2007 02:01 PM
Elf Solaris RNX for 02 Scenic 1.9 Dti? Engines Reece_P 1 1301 21st June 2007 01:34 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome