Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault batteries

View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 6th October 2007
vel satis 1
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by lancer View Post
Thanks for the replies,
I donít think the carís battery has ever been allowed to run flat or the car has been idle for any length of time, the tow hitch has the two outlets I had just had a new 110 amp leisure battery fitted in the caravan when they put the motor mover on, could it be that this new battery was demanding more from the alternator than was going to the car battery? It seemed to be fully charged from the gauge in the caravan.
As you can see I am a newbie to caravanning still learning the ropes, I disconnected the electrics from the car as soon as I parked so I donít think anything in the caravan was draining the battery from the car.
But £90 for a battery Renault should be ashamed I did a quick trawl through the Internet and it seems the right battery (heavy duty) for the Laguna is around half that price and less.
The Renault mechanic said that even if you leave the curtsey lights on for a few minuets the battery will run flat, thatís not very helpful, I am starting to think the electrics where not very well planned if thatís the case.
Hi sounds like a load of old bull to me off the renault mechanic you could leave your curtisey lights on all night with a good battery and it will still start the car the next morning i would check the price of the battery again with renault because it sounds a bit steep to me i have found in the past the renault batteries to be good value for money and 3 years warranty on the ones i buy Gareth.
Currently in vel satis 1's garage:
2003 renault vel satis v6 24 valve 3.5 petrol engine model Initiale BJOV
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome