Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - lost/stolen key

Thread: lost/stolen key
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 6th October 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
That's a bugger Still, it's easily done. My grandad did something similar once, and someone actually took the car

As far as the Scenic is concerned, you could just get a dealer to reprogram it only to recognise your current key, though that'd leave you with no spare. You'd be best to cough up for the spare key. The plip on the stolen key will no longer work after a re-program but the crooks will still be able to unlock the doors with the key blade. A cheap option might be to have the locks physically disconnected (effectively 'de-locking' the car) though that leaves you in deep doo-doo if you ever have a flat battery. In any case, once the key has been removed from the car's memory, the crooks won't be able to start it.

The Fester will probably be similar, though it's been a long time since I've looked at Fords. I've a feeling you can teach/remove keys yourself if you know what you're doing. It might be worth a shufty round the Internet to see what you can find.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.

Last edited by Horatio; 6th October 2007 at 06:39 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome