Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - TDC Sensor Wiring*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 6th October 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Scenic - TDC Sensor Wiring*FIXED*

Help full advice for mechanics and auto elecs.
Basically had problems with intermitent starting (cold or warm) one day would not start and the next it would, and then run like a dream for months and then fail again.
I got towed back to the garage by AA fault log was TDC sensor, that was changed, did 600 miles, and then, problems got worse, I tried putting a new Tdc on myself, and still no joy, called a auto electrcian bloke out, who had all the diag stuff, he got it going and the logged fault in the ecu was TDC sensor, however one hour later it would not start, i called him back and he spent two hours checking stuff and got it going (fault log Tdc ) when he drove of the thing cut out again Ahhhhhhhhhh, 85 total and 3 hrs work.
And he said if this does not work call some one else, its beyond him
SO !!!!!
I have taken ALL the wiring loom apart (pain in the bum insulation tape) to track back the wiring for the TDC sensor (to check for joins etc) and it goes directly to the ecu . The Fault is the Connector.
Solder two wire,s (direct) on the TDC sensor then join them with the main wires, (solder or terminals) and then also if possible pull these two wires way from all the others, as these a causing an effect in the resistance, ( Tdc sensor voltage is critical, i.e peak to peak is 3.2v to 5.2, if it gets 3.1 then its a no starter)
Let me know guys My 2001 scenic sport now starts every time, So TDC sensor faults try the above.
I would send pictures for you but dont know how!
Currently in Bencapewell's garage:
2001 scenic 1.4 sport
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bencapewell For This Useful Post:
Clionutter (31st January 2011), Jozua61 (25th April 2011), lorryload (7th November 2011)
  5 Lastest Threads by Bencapewell
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Scenic - TDC Sensor Wiring*FIXED* Scenic martyn214 17 20807 6th October 2007 07:52 PM
Map Sensor, Buying one Cars & motoring Bencapewell 2 1203 23rd September 2007 08:12 PM
Engine idle speed fixed !! Engines Bencapewell 5 2380 15th September 2007 07:48 PM
Majour Miss Firing Engines Bencapewell 2 1333 30th August 2007 08:33 AM
knocking noise poss cv joint Engines chris m 3 2058 25th April 2007 08:08 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome