Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - renault magane scenic imobalizer warning light

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 8th October 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy renault magane scenic imobalizer warning light

hello i am new to this site as i have a problem im hopeing to get some advise on
I have a renault senic megane r reg automatic, and the warnig light on the dash board keeps coming on .........?
it is the imobalizer warning light !
i have taken it to a garage to put on the computer and they said i need a new sensor on my exhaust and as i was going to cornwall spent 160 getting this done only for 150 miles into the journey the light comes back on !
now it dosnt always come on all the time just now and then tends to be when im slowing down to stop it comes on and it is hard to move off again, if i turn the engine of and on it goes off ?/
any advise on what this means why its doing it and what i can do. sadly i really can not afford to spend any more on it, so may sell it but would like to know why this happens first, it has been doing it for a coupe of mths now so if i do have to sell it i can advise what the problem is to the best of my knowledge, its so annoying and the car drives great
i have had a new head gaskett and timing belt this year also
any advise please would be great cheersx

Last edited by lindyloo; 8th October 2007 at 10:47 AM. Reason: spelling
  5 Lastest Threads by lindyloo
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
renault magane scenic imobalizer warning light Electronics lindyloo 2 1019 8th October 2007 10:46 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome