Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic II - Thinking of Buying One

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 8th October 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Originally Posted by juststarting33 View Post
I'm on the verge - yes the verge of buying a Scenic, its an 04 plate, 1.6 Auto. The question is, every comments page on line only seems to post negative comments about any car. So, is this a good buy, or one to steer clear of. I don't have a great history with cars so any help will be appreciated. Thanks:

Hello & welcome to the Forums Juststarting33 .

Many Scenic II owners have had trouble free miles from their Scenics.

Are you buying from a Renault Dealer or Other Franchise/Private sale.

I would not purchase a modern car without a comprehensive warranty as they can be very expensive to repair.

Ensure the car has full service history and that all the services have being carried out at the correct intervals, 18,000 or 2 years for an 04 year Scenic 1.6 petrol.

Check that both Key Cards are present and both operate correctly as they are 120 + to replace and programme.

Check all the electrics work.

The Auto box has been known to be troublesome so ensure it works in all operations, Another reason for a comprehensive warranty.

If you give the vehicles details to a Renault dealership they should tell you if the car has had all the recall work carried out there were 4 for the Scenic II I think.

The Scenic II is a good car, very spacious and comfortable with in some cases a very good level of kit.

Last edited by ottoman; 8th October 2007 at 08:46 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome