Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic II - Thinking of Buying One

View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 8th October 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
It can be quite hard to find a good clean example of these type of cars as most are used for family transport and given quite a hard time.

I have had no electrical problems with either of my Scenics tho some owners have had horrendous problems.

The interiors are very adaptable, I have had 3 child seats in the rear of mine due to the sliding rear seats.

Loads of storage areas, Elevated driving position is good all controls fall easily to hand, drivers seat and steering adjustments will suit most needs, Electronic hand brake is very good, Rear wash wipe is poor due to no none return valve fitted, Front wiper pattern is set for a left hand drive car but due to the wide sweep it is not an issue, Wiper Blades can be very expensive to replace 45+ for a pair from Renault, Filling the washer fluid bottle is a bit hit and miss, Road holding is good for the type of car far superior to the earlier model.

I would advise you to test drive as many as possible to get a feel for each models characteristics, ie petrol/diesel tyre wheel combinations can make a huge difference to the handling/comfort of the car.

Last edited by ottoman; 9th October 2007 at 08:46 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome