Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - IAM - Institute of Advanced Motorists

View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 8th October 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by selwonk View Post
Great photo Dave!

My dad was an IAM member for years and used to do the assessed drives that help you to learn which bits need attention. Very worth while although I've never got round to trying it myself. The Roadcraft manual is well worth a read too, especially the section regarding limit points

Re. insurance discounts, some insurers still offer a discount, but it's never been all that high. If you shop around and plump for an insurer or broker online, try giving them a ring if you are a member of the IAM - they may still be able to shave a bit of your insurance
Regarding insurance, I used
I got a Fully comp, protected policy with all the frilly bits for 216.00 with 50 M&S vouchers back a month later.

Political correctness defined:
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end
Currently in Nick's garage:
Jeep Wrangler Sport 2.5
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome