Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Electric Window Fault

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 9th October 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Scenic - Electric Window Fault

Hi All,

It seems that the passenger door electric window has died on my just out of warranty 54 Scenic. My wife had noticed that the window slightly open yesterday, and when she tried to close it - nothing....
I had a look at it last night, and found that the window can be easily opened and closed with my hands. I also noticed there is a strange "boing" sound when I do try and use the electric window button. So there is power going to it. I thought the next step I should take is taking the internal door panel off, but I dont have a clue how to do that.. No-one seems to sell the haynes manual in Central London, so I have to try and get to a Halfords sometime soon.

I also called up my local Renault dealer, who said to him it sounded like the regulator, and it would cost about 320 to fix!!!!

In the meantime, how do I take the panel off the door? Any help would be greatly appreceated.
  5 Lastest Threads by nickb23
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Just taken my 2nd Hand Scenic to Service.. can't... Wheels & tyres Tiggerz_SRi 5 1453 15th July 2008 10:35 AM
Renault Scenic - Electric Window Fault Bodywork DJC013 47 54165 9th October 2007 10:41 AM
Should I get Genuine or ebay Mats? Interiors Mickb 20 6456 14th May 2007 03:09 PM
New 54 Scenic Owner with some Questions Electronics iscom 6 2105 14th May 2007 02:18 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome