Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Im more than happy with my Renault

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 9th October 2007
vel satis 1
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by VEL SATISfied View Post
Following a couple of threads recently were people have said that they are not going near a renault again because they have experienced some sort of problem, I would just like to say that I am happy with my Renaults.
OK my Vel Satis is not without it's problems as some of you will now that the cat converter broke down recently but fixed with excellent service from a main dealer. During its time in the repair shop, its age, milage and value etc I did look at some other cars (from ford, VW and toyota) in view of changing but none (within my price range anyway) came close to the comfort and refinement and value for money as the VS, the only one my wife and I really liked was the grand espace initiale but was just outside the price range. Yes I am driving whats classed as a luxury car at the moment but in my driving lifetime I started with a renault and went onto 2 x 18's, a fuego, a 5 Gordini , a 25, 2 x 19's, 3 Lagunas, 1 Espace and of course the VS. Also within the household we have had cars from other manufactures and I must say that the renaults have been the best of the lot in terms of reliability, comfort and overall value for money.
Renault customer service on the SALES side has also been very good and I must admit that customer service from the SERVICE side, especially within renault retail (REA Group) has always over the years been pretty poor so I tend to use independants or large non REA outlets.
Ther are good and bad with every product not just cars, and good and bad within the brands, and judging by peoples comments, customer service from one of the luxury german manufacturers has not been that good lately.
I just thought that I would add a more positive thread, show my experience of driving with renault and thank those who offer ther help for free via this forum.
Hi i been driving renaults for nearly 35 years now ive had r4 van, r16ts,r20ts,r5 campus 5 door load of ,laguna mk1 1.8rt best car in the world,and the 3.5 v6 vel satis great car but with quirky ways tried going out to warrington bash two sundays ago and guess what happend the fuel flap would not open for two days spit fire for a week but ok now its like it has a mind and intelligence of its own Gareth.
Currently in vel satis 1's garage:
2003 renault vel satis v6 24 valve 3.5 petrol engine model Initiale BJOV
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome